Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Springtime and the Frozen Treats are Fine!

Finally, the beautiful spring weather is here! I can't believe we hit 80 degrees today - I only had to wear a cardigan over my dress today. Speaking of my dress, I love love love it. I just bought it a few weeks ago at Loft and the second I put it on, I knew I had to get it. It just fit like a glove and I felt so pretty.

Back to the beautiful weather. I'm a lover of all things sweet, especially frozen treats. The warm weather only makes me want to eat ice cream/custard/frozen yogurt/anything cold and delicious all the time. So after looking at endless recipes and seeing many for frozen desserts, I figured, why not do it myself? So the exciting news for Tuesday is that I am now the official owner of an ice cream maker (well in two days when it gets here)!


I can't wait for all of the concoctions that will be produced with this beautiful machine! In preparation for the arrival of my newest kitchen gadget, here are a few of the recipes I can't wait to make:
  1. Pink Grapefruit Tarragon Sorbet - I can only imagine the tart and herb combination will be delicious
  2. Grapefruit Sorbet - Only two ingredients to make? You can't go wrong with that
  3. Basil Chip Ice Cream - I love basil and choclate so this sounds like a delightful duo to pair together
  4. Peach and Honey Frozen Yogurt - I can't wait for peaches to be in season so I can make this! I've had fresh peach ice cream once so it'll be great to make my own variation
  5. Coffee Ice Cream - I've become much more a coffee drinker since living in New York so why not turn it into ice cream?
  6. Thai Iced Tea Ice Cream - One of my favorite drinks is Thai iced tea - I even bought a bag of the Thai tea leaves awhile ago and yet to use them so this seems like a great opportunity
Bring on the frozen sweet treats in my very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment