Monday, March 24, 2014

Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Wow, it's been way too long since my last post, but I think life is going to start slowing down so I can focus on my blog again! I've been studying for a work-related exam and planning my sister's bachelorette party so unfortunately, my blog got away from me. I just passed my exam (woo!) and had a great weekend in Nashville celebrating with a bunch of awesome girls. Don't worry, I'm back now!


It's definitely time to start eating healthier and working out because I haven't been so mindful of it the last two months. Matt found some healthy recipes to make this week, including the one I made tonight, pizza stuffed zucchini boats! While the name may not sound healthy, the ingredients are all pretty good for you. Ground turkey, marinara sauce - which Matt made part of it himself - and of course, zucchini!


I wasn't thinking so clearly when I started making the recipe and thought 8 ounces of ground turkey is the same thing as a pound. Sadly, not so much, but I think it was better having some extra so I could really fill the boats up. I piled them as high as I could without everything spilling out. Topped with some mozzarella and voila, the perfect veggie and meat meal!


The zucchini was perfectly tender, easy to cut through with each bite. Of course, as I tried to eat my first bite, I dropped it on the couch and my pants, but that's par for the course. I've come to learn that I'm a very clumsy eater. Enjoy these fun boats - easy to cook and eat - well, for most people anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment