Sunday, May 5, 2013

Brooklyn Botanic Garden

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I was going to write about scallion pancakes (even though that has nothing to with this joyous day that brings you tacos, guacamole, and margaritas), but what we saw today was too beautiful to keep to myself, so I'll have to save that for another day. Despite being a bit chilly, it was completely worth the trek out to Brooklyn to see the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden before it was too late. Matt has been talking about seeing the cherry blossoms for weeks so I'm glad we made it because this weekend was most likely our last chance and boy, were we in for a treat! The trees were in full bloom and simply breathtaking. I loved walking beneath the rows of trees, taking pictures and soaking up all the beauty around us. One of the most enjoyable parts of watching the cherry blossoms is when a nice breeze comes by and the petals start swirling through the air before falling to the ground. If only I could capture that in a picture.



The tulips were also beautiful! I had no idea how many different varieties and colors there are, but you better bet I took a ridiculous number of pictures. My favorite were definitely the yellow tulips with red shooting up the petals.



My favorite!

I know I'm being obnoxious at this point with the number of photos I'm including in this post, but I just can't get over how beautiful nature is in the spring. Everything is coming to life and everywhere you look, there is something else to catch your eye. I can't wait to go back during the summer to see the rose garden and orchids. 

Oh, back to it being Cinco de Mayo...we didn't actually do/eat/drink anything today in celebration, but we went out for Mexican and margaritas with some friends on Friday. Nothing wrong with an early celebration! Tonight, we went in the complete opposite direction and made lasagna for dinner - we were so hungry after being out in the sun and walking all over the garden! Yay spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment