Monday, May 12, 2014

Thai Turkey Burgers

Every once in awhile, the craving for a tasty burger hits and I'm on the search for a new recipe. Since I'm trying (key word, trying) to eat healthier, I decided to look for an appealing turkey burger recipe. I stumbled upon this tasty sounding recipe for a Thai turkey burger with quick pickled cucumbers and sriracha mayo. Isn't your mouth watering already?


The burgers are so flavorful, bringing in warmth from the cinnamon, spice from the fresh ginger and a good kick of heat from the red pepper flakes. Complimenting the burger really well are the quick pickled cucumbers, which add some acidity and crunch. Rounding out the entire burger is the sriracha mayo, which adds a cooling element and another small kick of heat.


I was really excited to find pretzel buns at Fairway so I picked those up, toasted them a bit in the oven, and stacked everything together! These burgers are great for summer as the temperatures are heating up. Who doesn't want a juicy burger with some cooling aspects too? Let me know your favorite burger recipes that you'll be bringing out for the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment