Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Asian Lettuce Wraps

It's really hard to go wrong with a recipe that involves some of the best ingredients in Asian cuisine - ginger, scallions, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanuts. Don't all of those ingredients just scream something delicious? Well, I can guarantee this recipe will be exactly that! You're probably wondering, "What is the wonderful recipe that is already making me salivate?" Well, you're in luck because you get to experience this incredibly easy, but full of flavor recipe for Asian lettuce wraps!


I decided to use ground turkey instead of ground beef, just to make the recipe a bit healthier. I've never actually made these with ground beef, but I can guarantee that they're still full of flavor if you're going the leaner route. All of the flavor comes from the spices and sauces after all.


The end result is a crunchy lettuce cup full of flavor! The ground turkey (or beef) mixture has a spicy kick from the ginger and a good amount of heat from the red pepper flakes. The hoisin sauce gives a bit of sweetness while the soy sauce gives some saltiness. Look how balanced all the flavors are! The crunch of peanuts throughout is great too, give a nutty, earthy flavor. I hope you enjoy - I know I have since Matt and I have made this recipe several times now, even two days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment